The OCCC holds judges training and refresher courses at different times and dates throughout the year. We require judges to go through a recertification every 5 years to keep their skills up to date on the current processes. We also hold courses for the photographer who just wants to improve their skills and/or optimize their images for competition, this course will detail what the judges look for in scoring those winning images.
We are pleased to announce our 2019 Fall GTCCC Judges seminar to be held Oct 26th, 2019.
The Seminar will be in London ON at The London Camera Club, 505 Village Green Ave. London, ON N6J 4G4
Registrations will open on March 16, 2019 and will close when the course is full or on Oct 7, 2019. You must be pre registered in order to attend.
Details for the day are as follows:
Check in for confirmed attendees opens at 8:30 a.m.
Seminar starts 9:00 a.m. and will end by 5:00 p.m.
There will be a lunch break about noon. You are welcome to bring your own lunch or go out to a local eatery.
We will again this year run a combination accredited Judges refresh seminar and our New Judge Candidate Seminar. This combination worked very well in 2017 & 2018, so we will repeat this format this year. The seminar is limited to a maximum of 30 people.
This year’s seminar will be of interest for:
- OCCC accredited judges that have not yet attended an OCCC Refresh seminar such as Judges that attended the CAPA refresh in 2015. These judges would benefit from learning how to use the OCCC Scoring Model and the new tools and techniques we are using now.
- Members whose club is an OCCC Member club that are considering entering a club sponsored Judge in Training Program (JIT)
- Members whose club is an OCCC Member club that would like to know more about how judges assess their images in competitions
- OCCC Club Competition Directors so they are aware of what they should expect from our accredited judges and JITs
Seminar Registration fees are:
- $110 for new Judge in Training Candidates
- $65 for judges who wish to refresh and were last accredited in 2015 or later
- $65 for CAPA accredited Judges who can produce a CAPA Judge Certification certificate, otherwise it will be $110
If we have a full registration, a wait list will be available to sign up on and we have enough interest, we may hold a second seminar on the Sunday.
NOTE: Please email our Judges Chair, Norm Ullock at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Note: Registration will Open until filled.
Registrations are now Full. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your name put on a wait list.